High-speed moulding and panning
A multi-national client required a manufacturing solution for a well established food product. Their aim was to improve yield and significantly reduce costs by replacing 5 existing low-speed machines with 1 new high-speed machine and to eliminate product waste in transfer to down stream process.
ITCM delivered a twin-lane moulding machine with an integrated, robust high-speed panner for reliable transfer of product to down stream process. The design included a novel automated process for obtaining easy access for maintenance and cleaning purposes. The entire solution was provided on a fast track delivery schedule in just seven months and careful planning with the client enabled a vertical volume ramp-up into production.
The new machine represented a 5x speed increase in comparison to the previous machines. This enabled the 5 existing machines to be replaced by just 1 new machine, with significant savings in labour, floor-space, running and maintenance costs. The new process significantly reduced product waste and yield of finished product was notably improved allowing the customer to meet production targets with ease.
- Powder Dosing into Blisters
- Dow Corning Plasma Processing
- Singulated Processing of Tablets
- R&D Platform for Tablet Processing
- New Technology for a legacy Brand
- Robotic Medical Device Assembly
- High-speed Device Assembly
- High-speed Vacuum Brick Packing
- Late-Stage Cosmetic Colour Select
- Novel Tablet Processing
- High-speed Holograph Application
- Innovative Packaging for Tobacco
- High-speed Moulding and Panning
- Presentation Packaging
ITCM has many case studies that cover a wide variety of different technologies and market sectors. Click below for details.
Get in touch with ITCM today:
tel. +44 (0)2476 421100